The Planning & Scheduling Manager will be responsible for managing the effective implementation of Planning and Scheduling Best Practices across the execution of large scale, complex projects from Pre-FEED study development through to the commissioning of the facility for all of H2 NA organization.
Additionally, as Planning and Scheduling Manager you’ll be responsible for supporting the project teams across multiple projects to help manage schedule, budget and documentation for H2 projects. This includes both greenfield and brownfield projects up to $250MM in value
Position reports to Engineering Services Manager (new position)
• Will be required to interact with Project Steerco’s providing project updates when appropriate.
• Role mainly operates in Horizon 2, Engineering and Construction, however, will support and co-ordinate across all Horizons when necessary. The main focus is on strategic capital.
• Oversight, responsibility and reporting of schedules including integrated metrics for earned value, for all assigned H2 NA projects.
• Will be responsible for matrixed “dotted line” reports across the H2 North American project controls group and any 3rd Party Engineering or Construction company peers.
• Must ensure all projects follow company project methodology as well as best industry practices for project planning and scheduling. Identify any shortcomings in company processes and procedures and bring solution opportunities to management.
• Working with a range of contracts from Feasibility Studies, to Self-performed Construction through to full EPC.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a common project planning and scheduling methodology and use of proportionally appropriate project tools ensuring streamlined governance of across all US projects.
• Creates and maintains master schedule for all H2 activities to assist in managing resource loading across the US H2 team.
• Work with UK team to ensure consistent approach within company Capital Projects.
• Support Capital Engineering Manager with master planning activities for the US Capital Projects team – Interfacing all Horizon plans into one Master Document for strategic business planning.
As Planning and Scheduling Manager, you’ll be required to:
· Provide subject matter consulting expertise and advice across the engineering and capital projects portfolio.
· Overall responsibility for the recording and reporting of project schedules through delivery of projects achieving safety, scope, cost, schedule and business benefit targets.
· Develop Project Plans in co-ordination with engineering leads and supported by the Capital Projects Planning team, from design through to execution, identifying risks and opportunities where applicable.
· Actively support the development of existing and new projects for the company within Horizon 2.
· Through coaching, mentoring and sharing your experience, you’ll support the development of junior project team colleagues helping them achieve their potential.
· Actively promote a proactive safety culture, be role models throughout the project lifecycle across the Group.
· Develop a high-performance team, ensuring flawless integration of project controls disciplines and functions throughout the project lifecycle.
· Foster and enhance owner relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
· Integrate and manage third parties’ schedules into master schedules
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
• Degree level education or technical certificate (Project Management, Commercial, Construction or other relevant discipline).
• Proficient and a Subject Matter Expert in Primavera P6 (or most recent version) and in Microsoft Project, along with ,MS Excel.
• Extensive, relevant experience within Engineering/Construction industry ideally leading project planning and scheduling teams in the EPC or major engineering design/installation projects.
• Proven track record of leading and managing large complex projects planning and scheduling programs.
• Demonstrable experience of accountability for a complex, multi contract, multi discipline project(s) in a lead EPC role or owner role.
• On site construction experience desirable.
• A brilliant Communicator – you’ve got highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels across the organization.
• Ability to meet challenging targets and with a flexible approach to working patterns to ensure targets/deadlines are achieved.
• Ability to motivate, challenge and inspire individuals through to deliver high performance whilst being an empathetic leader.
• A skilled Change Agent with the ability to successfully manage & resolve conflicts when they arise.
• Ability to plan and manage a portfolio of jobs.
• Ability to work effectively and flexibly as a member of a team and across teams.
• Commercially astute – you’ll understand the environment in which we operate meaning you’ll be able to ensure that our commercial and legal risks are mitigated through for example the creation and execution of appropriate terms and conditions.
• Positive approach to change and contributes to the culture of continuous improvement.
You can see the big picture meaning you can recognize and take advantage of potential business opportunities.
• You’re highly skilled in Stakeholder Management meaning you’ve got the skills to recognize and build key relationships, proactively influencing consultants, contractors, engineering firms and technology partners.
Proficient understanding and experience of Safety and Environmental legislation, practices and policies and Contract Management
• Will be required to undergo and pass drug/alcohol testing and background checks (internally and for clients where applicable).
• Valid driver’s license and passport
• Right to work in main base location
• Travel as required to locations as well as to supplier/partner locations, this could be globally pending projects. Travel could be roughly 25% of time and 4 weeks or more pending project needs.
Management of geographically spread internal and external team with meetings often held virtual
Measures of Success:
• All project developed schedules are realistic and understood
• Schedules are to be progressed periodically to meet the project team’s reporting requirements
• Schedules are to reflect the full life cycle of the project, includes stage gates, interfaces and key milestones
• Schedules conform to company's Project Controls and Schedule Management processes and procedures
• Seamless communications between all internal parties within the company based on the schedules created.
• Regular attendance and contribution at key project meetings
• Delivering reports complete with narratives to the project teams