Looking for a Director of Operations with a small growing privately-held manufacturer of wood products (cabinetry, doors, trim, millwork & staircases) for residential & commercial construction projects.
Target Comp is $150K +10% bonus + relocation allowance. This role reports to CEO and CFO. Company began ops in 2014 in north central Illinois. The company continues to invest in new CNC machinery and recently opened a state-of-the-art showroom in Glenview, IL to support its rapid growth.
• The Director of Ops is a newly created position managing two manufacturing facilities (~100K sq. ft./140 employees), over one shift, 4-day work week.
• Develop processes, disciplines, and work w/ functional leaders to ensure collaboration across company functions to capitalize on untapped opportunities to improve efficiencies/ margins.
• Play key role on executive team defining forward-thinking goals, strategies & processes to leverage process standardization & standard work to deliver increased productivity at each facility.
• Assess functions/capabilities & integrate best practices into all aspects of Operations to utilize most efficient systems, labor management & processes to drive CI ability to maintain low-cost and quality production.
• Drive manufacturing CI initiatives in safety, quality, cost & service; upgrade operating policies, procedures & standards; develop/ manage key metrics to improve product/capacity/profitability within manufacturing facilities.
• Lead/motivate/develop cabinet & staircase functional teams, providing direct feedback & coaching to improve facility operations and promote team-oriented work & inclusive culture.
Must have 7+ years manufacturing supervisory experience, growing/scaling a company, creating and implementing Lean/CI strategic initiatives, ideally in an assembly environment.