Position: General Manager Reporting to the Owners of a privately held, mid-size logistics company headquartered in New Jersey. Our client specializes in domestic transportation (LTL/TL) and supply chain.
The General Manager will manage the organization’s present structure in the United States, comprised of 1 branch office, 10 employees, and a P&L of $20 million. The successful individual will drive a strategy to generate revenues, optimize costs, maximize profitability to include sales, team management (hiring, training, developing), SOP establishment, and monthly reports to include file closings and budgeting. Implements continuous improvement processes designated to achieve operational excellence through performance metrics (KPIs) and ensures employees are coached, trained, measured, and managed to execute these processes. Negotiates and monitors rates and contracts with various vendors, and trucking companies. Establishes policies and operational guidelines in accordance with the company’s goals, policies, and philosophy. Adheres to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and acting when necessary.
· Management experience with domestic 3pl or Truck Brokerage
· Multimodal transportation
· P & L management including budgeting, forecasting & reporting.
· Established standard operating procedures & metrics.
· Business plan development and implementation
• Knowledge of changing markets and leveraging tech to optimize business opportunities.
• RFQ management
• Negotiations and problem solving
• Knowledge of international operations is not required but a plus.
· Education: bachelor’s degree
· Computer Systems: Microsoft Office Suite
· Location: Monmouth County, NJ
· Education: MBA or master’s degree
· Domestic transportation working for a 3pl or Truck Brokerage
Other essential abilities and skills:
· Fast learner; able to grasp concepts outside area of expertise.
· Servant leadership attitude when developing teams.
· Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Ability to motivate people through collaborative skills.
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· Tech savvy
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Excellent customer service
· Base: $80,000 to $130,000
· Incentive: Yes – Profit sharing bonus opportunity.