The main purpose of the Regional Sales Director is to grow revenue for Johnstone Supply and increase “Share-of Wallet” (SOW) with existing customers. The Regional Sales Director accomplishes this by being personally engaged in the sales process, leading and developing the sales team as well as managing day-to-day activities of individual Territory Managers.
- Collaborates with the President and the Senior Management Team to identify revenue growth opportunities.
- Targets specific high-potential prospects and existing customers to increase SOW and market share.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to execute company and regional goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Leads, directs, and develops sales team (Territory Managers, Sales Associates & Inside Sales Support Specialist)
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to further the company sales agenda.
- Establishes sales territories and performance goals.
- Delivers sales presentations to key customers in coordination with Territory Managers.
- Meets with key customers, assisting territory managers with maintaining relationships.
- Assist and lead (when necessary) in negotiating and closing deals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
Directly supervises Territory Managers in the field organization; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.